This is the list that is given on MDN:
- Gaia UI tests Python tests for Gaia UI interactions and features.
- Gaia performance tests Measures Gaia app performance based on internal instrumentation. The testing harness is in-tree.
Some random notes from me:
- Marionette tests == MarionetteJS tests == integration tests
- Gaia UI tests and MarionetteJS tests are doing the same kind of testing. But Gaia UI tests also run on device (on tbpl), while MarionetteJS test only run on desktop currently. The goals is to get rid of Gaia UI tests and only use MarionetteJS tests, eventually.
- Invoke MarionetteJS test:
make test-integration-test TEST_FILES=./apps/clock/test/marionette/timer_test.js
- Invoke Gaia UI test on desktop:
GAIATEST_SKIP_WARNING=1 gaiatest --binary $HOME/B2G/gaia/B2G/Contents/MacOS/b2g-bin --profile $HOME/B2G/gaia/profile --testvars /Users/mwargers/B2G/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/testvars.json --restart --type b2g /Users/mwargers/B2G/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/accessibility/phone/test_a11y_phone_edit_contact.py